How to Factory Reset Netlink FTTH ONT/ONU
Are using Netlink FTTH OLT, Fiber GPON, xPon, EPON ONU, ONT device in your fiber network? Installing multiple ONT devices to a different network and managing from a single OLT device makes the network easy to manage and monitor but many times ONT device not registered with the network or unable to detect by OLT device. Making Netlink ONU factory reset to restore settings can fix most of the problems such as connection stability problem, losing LAN connectivity, connect disconnect with wifi, or if you forget login username or password then the only way to access ont web interface.
If you setup Netlink FTTH ONT already and forget the login password after changed and now locked out due then you can use the reset method to access ONT settings if forget the login password. There are two ways to reset fiber ONU, using software reset that required login to the web interface and second is reset from the reset button, does not require to log in.
Software Factory Default NetLink Fiber ONU
A soft reset is a way to restore ONT settings to default mode using software options available under management or administration options. You can use soft reset if you are facing a connection problem with ONT or getting a drop in internet connectivity.
Soft reset a safe process to restore settings because you can take configuration backup before restoring the ONT device. Follow the steps to make the ONT factory default from web login.
Note- Making factory reset will remove all configuration so make sure you have saved configuration backup before factory reset ONT device.
- Connect ONT device to PC/Laptop from Ethernet port or using WIFI if support WIFI.
- Login Netlink ONT using default IP http://192.168.1.1.
- User admin/admin default login username password. If you changed your login password use the same.
- Go to Administration-System Management
Factory Default – click this button to restore the configuration to factory default settings. The device will reboot after operating.
Wait until the router resetting to default mode.
If you have a different Netlink Router modem ONT model with different firmware options then follow steps below.
- Go to Management-Device Management > Restore default > Restore Factory default
- Press the Restore Factory Default button to reset settings.
The next way to restore the configuration is a hard reset if forget the login password or can’t access ont login IP address or web interface.
Hard reset Net Link ONT
The next fail-safe restore method is hard reset Netlink modem from the reset button without login to the web interface. The reset button helps you to gain web interface access if you forget the login password or username.
Step to Reset Net Link FTTH ONT
- Turn on the ONT device using the DC adapter included with the device.
- Locate a small reset button near Ethernet or power button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 8-10 seconds and release the button when Power, LOS and LAN LEDs turn off and turn on again.
- ONT will reboot and take a few minutes to restore settings into factory mode.
These are both ways to factory default Netlink FTTH ONT/ONU device if forget login password or ONT not working properly for the internet. This user manual you can use for any model fiber ont to restore into default mode.
- Login Tenda TE-G103 Fiber ONT/ONU
- Login Huawei FTTH ONT/ONU
- Steps to Step change BSNL Broadband WiFi Password
- DBC ONT Login Admin Username and Password