How to Factory Reset Huawei FTTH ONT Router?
Huawei FTTH ONT and ONU device are used for last-mile connectivity to internet connection using fiber network to connect client end connections. You need to login ONT modem to update and manage wireless settings and other configurations so your WiFi internet can run smoothly and secure. There are several times we forget the login username and password and are unable to login Huawei Onu modem router and you need a way to gain access again. Secondly, you probably facing internet disconnection issues, WiFi frequent discussions, and other internet issues that need to fix using a soft reset method.
If you are locked out with your Huawei ONU HG8342r whether GPON ONU or EPON ONU modem then there is no worry when you have two ways to access the router. You can simply choose Huawei FTTH ONT router reset depending on the problem you face. If facing an internet connectivity issue you might go with a soft reset that required login to ONT settings and if completely locked out and unable to access settings then you can go with the hard reset method using the reset button available on the ONU router device. Even though the hard reset method is the last way t get the router to access that does not give you the option to take the configuration back so make sure you have a configuration file or internet settings details to configure again else the internet will be disconnected. Follow both ways to login to the Huawei ONT modem if forget the password.
Huawei ONT Modem Soft Reset
Huawei ONT fiber ONT reset from the web interface is called the soft reset method and it required to login ONT settings. If you can log in to your ONT router device and face any internet and configuration issues then you can use the soft reset method. The soft reset method is a safe way to factory reset ONU devices as you get the option to backup configuration files before making a reset.
Note:- Before resetting Fiber ONT modem download configuration file from System tool- Configurations file. After the reset process log in with default login and restore configuration so your ONT starts working again.
- Connect Huawei HG8045A and any other Fiber ONU modem using a wire from a LAN port or using WiFi connections.
- Open a Web browser and access the Huawei login IP address http://192.168.100.1 if the specific ONT model design is for Telecom Company use http://192.168.1.1 or find the login IP printed to sticker.
- Use the default username “telecomadmin” and the default password “admintelecom” for the Huawei Echolife ONT modem.
- Once login go to the last tab from the top menu “System Tools”
- System Tools- Restore Default Configurations
- Default- Press the default button to reset ONU and you will get a reset confirmation popup window asking for OK and cancel. Press the OK button to proceed reset process.
- ONT modem will reset and rebooting start once the reset process is done.
Wait until the modem reboots and restores to default mode. You can ping ONT’s default login IP address as printed on the sticker to confirm the router restore successfully.
If you are unable to log in to your ONT device then follow the second way to reset the Huawei Echolife fiber ONT ONU router.
Reset Huwaei ONT using the Reset button
Resetting the modem using the reset button is a faster way to default ONT device but it does not give you to take the configuration back so if you have no configuration back or internet settings you may need your internet provider to set up it again else the internet will down.
Steps to reset ONU from the button
- Turn ON the FTTH ONU modem using a DC adapter as supported by the device.
- Wait a few minutes to keep it booting up properly.
- Find a small reset button beside the Ethernet port or on the left or right side of ONT modems depending on the modem Model.
- Press and hold the reset switch using a needle or paper clip for 10-15 seconds and monitor led lights.
- Once reset will execute you will see ONT power and other LEDs will suddenly turn on and turn off again.
- ONT will automatically reboot and take a few seconds to finish rebooting.
- Ping ONT default IP address as printed to sticker and confirm if settings restore into default mode.
These are two ways to factory reset Huawei FTTH ONT HG2311 and ONU modems when you are unable to access or forget your login username and password. Making a reset also fixes many internet problems that come due to non-maintenance of router configuration and modem running nonstop for many hours and many days. Just simply download the configuration backup and reset from settings to fix all instability coming in internet connectivity.
- Login NetLink FTTH OLT [GPON/EPON]
- Login GX FTTH ONT/ ONU Device
- 192.168.10.10 Login Router Admin Username and Password
- Login and Setup Optilink ONT/ONU