How to Factory Reset Optilink ONU/ONT?
Optilink FTTH OLT, Fiber ONT, and ONU unit support multiple brands OLT and fiber network and installed at the client end to deliver high-speed internet connection over fiber. Security point of view changing login and wifi password are always important to secure your network and should update from time to time. How to access ONT web interface if forget login password or WiFi password. There is a way to reset the ONU device using the reset button in case forget your login password and locked out. There is two way to reset Optilink ONT or any other brand ONT either from the web interface or from hard reset using reset switch. Making a reset depends on the situation but if your ONT device not working properly and you can log in to ONT settings then use soft reset else use hard reset.
Reset using the reset button is a quick way to restore settings and useful when you forget your login password and unable to access settings. Before making ONU factory default make sure you have configuration back to restore else contact your internet provider to manage configuration remotely.
Factory Reset Optilink ONT from the Web interface
You can use restore the configuration from the web interface if your ONT device not stable, internet frequent disconnection and showing LOS led blinking then login and reset from settings.
Before making an ONT device reset take configuration backup from settings so you can restore again to run the internet properly else you will be disconnected from the internet until the ONU device not configured.
- Connect ONT device using Ethernet port from computer/laptop for wired connections.
- Use WiFi SSID and password if ONT supports a Wireless connection to connect wirelessly.
- Open web browser and access http://192.168.10.1 or http://192.168.1.1 depend on the ONT model. Find default login IP and username password beside ONT sticker.
- You will Optilink login page asking for username and password. Provide username and password as printed to sticker or if already change use same.
- Go to Management- Device Manage- Load Default
- Press “Restore factory configuration” you will get a confirmation Popup window to confirm and wait to reboot the ONT device to restore configuration settings.
- Login again Optilink ONT and restore configuration backup if already download the config file or manually set up internet, wireless and other settings.
The next method is to restore settings using the reset button without login to settings.
Factory Reset Optilin ONT/ONU from the Reset button
A reset switch is the quickest way to restore ONT access in case you lost access due to forgetting the login IP, Passwords. Making a reset using the reset button is a failsafe method that erases all configuration and restores ONT modem settings to factory mode.
- Turn on ONT Router mode Device using DC adapter.
- Locate a small reset button or hole option beside ethernet or bottom side depends on the model number.
- Press and hold reset button for 10-15 seconds using a paper clip or needles.
- ONT Modem will auto restart afater excutive reset command.
- Ping default IP address printed to ONU sticker and once default IP start Ping login ONT and restore configuration back or setup manually as per OLT configurations.
This is simple reset guide to factory default Optilink Fiber ONT and ONU Router Modem device. however, if you have any other brands such as VSOL, NetLink, Syrotech, and any other ONT then this user manual also can use.
- Login SyroTech GPON EPON OLT -192.168.8.100
- Steps to Step change BSNL Broadband WiFi Password
- jiofi.local.html | Admin Login JioFi Router
- DBC ONT Login Admin Username and Password