PTCL Router Login first time Setup
PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited) is a Pakistani ISP company providing internet service to home and business users. PTCL router login or Login PTCL modem for first-time setup or you might want to update the wireless name and security key to make the network protected. PTCL admin login information is printed to the router sticker so it’s not a big job to login into PTCL modem or router in default mode. You can use a wired or wireless connection for PTCL wifi login from a computer or laptop as well as a mobile device if your PTCL modem supports WLAN.
First-time login PTCL wifi router default login credential printed to sticker along with PTCL login IP address. PTCL default username used “admin” and the default admin password is the last five digits of the PTCL modem mac address without the dash. Find PTCL login IP address, username, and password printed to router lable as well as quick user manual included with router box.
How to Login PTCL Modem or Router?
To access the PTCL VDSL modem, WiFi router, or DSL cable modem need to connect wired LAN connection from a desktop or laptop or use a wireless connection with default SSID and wifi password configured in default mode. Default username and password might differ for each PTCL modem and router that depends on the model number so just find PTCL login information available on the router and modem.
Default username – admin
Default password – admin or last five digits of mac address without the dash.
Get PTCL broadband login information for your modem and router available on the router box or router bottom side sticker with the model number and other information.
Steps to Access PTCL Router Web interface from a Browser
Unbox PTCL router for first-time setup and if trying login already configured router then just follow below steps to access router settings from browser.
- Unbox PTCL modem and Router and get DC adapter, Lan cable included with the package.
- Connect Routers to DC power adapter and turn it ON.
- Use LAN cable from Router Ethernet port to desktop Ethernet port or Laptop ethernet port.
- For a Wireless connection use the default SSID and wifi key to connect using wifi.
- Open the web browser and access 192.168.10.1 or for PTCL DSL router login 192.168.1.1 to the URL bar and press enter key.
- You will get a PTCL login page with a username and password option. Use default username “admin” and password as last five digits of mac address printed to box without dash for default login.
- After login, you will get a router control panel where you have to configure WAN settings as per your internet settings, and change the Wireless default SSID and security key as per your choice.
Change PTCL Router Wireless SSID and Password
Updating the default PTCL WIFI name and password is important for first-time setup to secure your wifi internet connections. Follow steps to change PTCL broadband router wireless settings and security key.
Click the Advance setup option.
Go to Wireless- Basic settings option from the left side menu.
Enable Wireless- Selected by default so keep it is.
SSID– WiFI name (Change this default WIFI SSID name to a new name as you want to just for your wifi network)
Country Name– select your country from the list.
After all settings press the Save and apply button to confirm settings.
After wireless network, SSID now changes WiFi security key as followed below options.
Change PTCL WIFI Password
To update the WiFi security key go to the advanced setup option from the first login windows.
Wireless- Security options.
Manual setup AP
Select AP– choose WIFI SSID you want to change the WIFI password
Network Authentication– Mixed WPA2-WPA-PSK
WPA Passphrase- Set New WIFI password here (use a stronger wifi password combination with alphanumeric with a special character.
Apply/Save settings and you will disconnect from the WIFI network if you use wireless to login the PTCL modem. Connect again to change the admin login password and username.
Change PTCL Router Default Login Password
Updating only the wifi password is not enough to protect the WIFI network. Using default login passwords also can risk unauthorized users accessing your networks. Always change the default login password during a first-time setup.
Go to Management –
Access Control – Password
Old Password- use the same password used for the login modem.
New Password– Create a new password
Confirm New password- confirm the new password again.
Press Apply/Save button to confirm settings.
Avoid writing login password over modem sticker. Just keep it in a safe place or remember it.
If you facing any problem while login in to the PTCL modem due to any network issue or misconfiguration subject to troubleshoot first.
Fix PTCL Router Login Problem
Facing problem with PTCL router login or PTCL router login page not loading or may taking a too long time to respond seems any network issue or misconfiguration that need to fix before trying login router again. Follow the below steps to fix the PTCL router login problem from WiFi or wired connection.
- Using WiFI connection make sure you are connected to the same modem or router you trying to access.
- If using a wired connection make sure your LAN cable is connected to the modem LAN port instead of WAN.
- Make sure the default IP address 192.168.10.1 has already not changed with any different IP address series.
- Use IP address proper ie. 192.168.10.1 instead of using the wrong IP https://192.168.10.1, 192.168.l0.1, 192168.10.1, 192.168.101, or any other wrong IP address will lead to an error page.
- If unable to access router settings due to a wrong username or password error can fix by making a PTCL router reset.
- Use the reset button to factory reset the PTCL router to restore the default configuration and follow the above steps to set up the PTCL modem again.
- 192.168.99.254 Login Default Admin Password
- 10.0.0.138 Admin Login Username and Password
- 192.168.0.10 Admin Login Router
- 192.168.254.1 Router Default Admin Login