192.168.99.254 Admin Login router
192.168.99.254 Default IP address used by Actiontec WCB3000N cable modem and routers. If your modem or router is also configured with default login IP address 192.168.99.254 and not sure how to login router with 192.168.99.254 to manage settings just follow this article. Login 192.168.99.254 for a cable modem, ADSL modem, Wireless router, or any network-managed device is similar steps. You need to connect the router using a wired or wireless connection to access the router settings from a web browser using 192.168..99.254 IP address. Wireless Router or modem preconfigured with default LAN IP address and a default username and password. The default username and password for 192.168.99.254 are available on the router sticker as well as the Quick user guide included with the router during first-time setup.
Although default usernames and passwords can be different for each brand’s router or modems so just find login settings printed to your router sticker to log in to your router. follow steps to login router 192.168.99.254 IP address from the web browser.
The default username and password for 192.168.99.254
As every brand’s router and model number use different login credentials so username and password can different for every brand. The best thing is to check the default login setting printed to the router label or try the given below username and password combinations.
Steps to log in router from a Web browser
Once you got login settings for your router now just follow the steps to access router settings to manage the internet, LAN, Wireless, and other settings. You required a connection with your router to login settings from browsers. If your router support wireless just uses wifi or wired connection and if you want to login cable modem without WiFi just use a LAN cable from the Ethernet port to access settings.
- Power On router/modem using DC adapter as supported by the router.
- Use a LAN cable from router LAN port to computer LAN port for wired connection.
- Use WiFi SSID name and password to connect using wireless.
- Make sure computer / Laptop LAN settings are in DHCP mode or use 192.168.99.1 as a static IP address.
- Open a Web browser and access http://192.168.99.254 to URL bar and wait to load the router login page.
- The router will ask to provide a username and password to authenticate first. Provide “admin” as the default username and password or use the same default login settings as printed to your router sticker.
After login router first time you need to configure WAN settings as per your internet type from PPPoE, Static, or DHCP mode. Contact your internet provider to get WAN settings details and set up the router the first time. If your modem is already configured and wants to change the wireless SSID network name and password just follow the steps below.
Setup Wireless SSID and Password
Updating the Default wireless name and password will keep protecting your wifi network from unauthorized users. Follow steps to change default SSID and security key for Actiontec WCB6200Q cable modem.
Go to the Wireless Setup option from the top menu.
Wireless Setup- Bestic Setup
Multiple SSID: Actiontec_5528 (2.4G)- select the wireless SSID you want to update name.
Wireless Mode – ON
Wireless Network name- Actiontech_5528 (Change WiFi name and create new SSID as per your choice).
Wireless channel– Auto
Wireless Security- WPA2
Password phrase- Create a Wireless password as per your choice. Use a mix of numbers, words, and special characters of stronger passwords and avoid using personal information for Wifi passwords.
After all settings press Apply button to confirm settings.
You may disconnect from the wireless router if using a wifi connection to access router settings. Connect again with the new SSID and password and login again to follow further configurations.
If you are facing a problem while trying to access the 192.168.99.254 IP address from the web browser and IP address not working or unable to load the router login page just follow steps to fix the problem
192.168.99.254 Not working
IP address not working or taking a too long time to respond comes when network misconfiguration or there is some glitch in connection or router settings already updated.
- Make sure the Router properly power on and Ethernet Port is Working.
- If using a wireless connection confirm you are connected to the same wireless router network.
- Make sure the default IP address 192.168.99.254 has already not changed with a different IP address or different network series.
- Computer LAN settings should be in DHCP mode or static IP from series 192.168.99.0. use 192.168.99.253 on PC to make 192.168.99.254 accessible.
- Type IP address in proper http://192.168.99.254 . wrong IP address http//192.168.99.254, 192.168.99..254, 192168.99.254, www.192.168.99.254, 192.168.99.254.254,192.1.254 all will invalid IP addresses and will return to an error page.
- If you are still unable to access the login page with the default IP or wrong username password just make router reset using the reset button and setup again.
- Power on router and press reset button for 10-15 seconds to restore into default mode.
After factory reset router using reset switch, you will able to access router with 192.168.99.254 IP address. Use default username and password and configure again.
More Login Guides
- 192.168.10.10 Login Router Admin Username and Password
- 192.168.18.1 Router Admin Login Password
- 192.168.9.1 Default Admin Login Router
- 192.168.1.128 Admin Login Router Username Password