How to factory reset SyroTech ONT/ONU?
Facing internet issue with Syrotech fiber ONT or cant login ONU device you need to restore factory settings in both situations. The factory reset is a way to restore router access in case forget login username password, device misbehaving or frequent internet disconnection fix lot of bugs.
Making Factory default ONU modem, WiFi router, or OLT device erase all the configuration saved so while making reset always take configuration back. After making a factory reset you need to setup Syro-tech ONU again with your OLT device to start internetwork.
Steps to Factory reset SyroTech Fiber ONU Modem
There is two ways to reset the fiber ONT device. using the reset method depend on the situations so both are fail-safe mode to restore settings.
- Soft reset from the Web interface
- Hard reset using the reset button
Reset ONT from the Web interface
- Connect your ONT device either using wired or WiFi if support WiFi ONT.
- Open Web browser and Login 192.168.1.1 with login username password as printed to ONT sticker or use the same if you already changed the default.
- Go to Administration – System Management
- Press “Restore Default” button
- Confirm the OK button to restore to default settings.
Wait until ONT device rebooting and restore to factory settings. You need to setup again to as per network configuration.
Hard reset ONT using the reset button
Hard reset way uses when you forget login username or password and can’t access ONT login page due to invalid username or wrong password error.
Reset method same for Single Ethernet ONU, Multi Ethernet port, and ONU with WiFi.
Follow steps to factory reset FTTH Fiber ONT/ONU
- Locate a small reset button near to the LAN port.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds and release it after.
- After a few seconds, ONT LED lights will blink and rebooting the device.
- Wait until ONU device rebooting.
- Check the default login credential and login Syrotech ONT again with default login.
Both the method can use to restore factory resettings for fiber ont in case the device not working properly or forgotten login username and password.