How to Factory Reset Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WIFI Router?
Tenda AC1200 is a dual-band WiFi router with a combined internet speed of in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz is 1200 Mbps which comes with different model numbers. Tenda Ac10, AC6, and AC5 models all are supported AC1200 Mbps wifi speed so if you want to factory reset Tenda AC10 or Tend aAC6 or any other Tenda dual-band router then this manual will useful for you.
The Tenda AC1200 Factory reset option helps you to fix any problem that comes due to any bugs or any other reason. Making Tenda reset will erase all configuration to default mode and restore to default settings. There are two ways to restore Tenda WIFI and Tenda AC1200 VDSL router settings.
One is a soft reset and the second is a hard reset that is useful if you are unable to login to the router because forgot your login password. If your Tenda dual-band wireless router not performing like before or the wifi connection is unstable or dropping internet speed then you can use login method to reset Tenda.
Before factory resetting the Tenda router you should back up the configuration file if you are able to log in and want to refresh the router. You need to connect the Tenda Ac1200 WiFi router either from a mobile Laptop or computer using a LAN cable to perform the soft reset process.
Note: Before Making a router reset download the configuration back from the System settings- Back & Restore option to avoid losing internet configurations.
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band Router Reset from Settings
To Factory reset Tenda AC6 or AC10 from settings you need the login IP address that printed to the router sticker if you didn’t change the default login IP address. The default password is not configured in the Tenda router so you need the login password that you set during the first time setup.
- Connect Tenda Router to the Power adapter and Turn ON it.
- Use a mobile or Laptop to connect the Tenda router using WIFI.
- Use LAN cable from Tenda LAN port to computer or Laptop LAN port for wired connections.
- Access router IP http://192.168.0.1 from the browser and log in with the admin password that you create during first time login.
- Go to System Settings- Reboot & Reset option as shown below image.
Click the Reboot and Reset button and you will get two options “Reboot” and “reset”
If you want to restart your router without restoring default settings use Reboot only and for a full factory reset using the “reset” button.
After Press Reset you will get a popup window to confirm if you really want to reset the router. Press Yes or OK button to continue and wait until the router rebooting and resets into default settings.
Ping Tenda default login IP address restoring settings and setup again.
If you forget your login password and are unable to connect to WIFI or access router settings then follow the next method to reset using the reset button.
Block Website and Apps in Airtel Xstream Fiber Modem
Hard Reset Tenda AC1200 using the Reset Button
The hard reset method is useful to access the router if you forget your login password and can not log in settings from the browser. For Hard reset, you don’t require any login and connection with a computer or laptop. It is a physical process so you need to access the router physically.
- Connect Tenda AC10 or AC5 router to the power adapter and make it power ON.
- Find a small reset button beside Ethernet Ports.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and release it when the router led lights suddenly turn off and turn on again.
- Tenda router will reboot while executing the reset command and after a few minutes restore into default mode.
- After the reset process is complete router will restore to default settings as printed to a sticker.
- Use the default login IP address and create a new password again and setup again.
You can use this reset manual to reset Tenda AC1200, Tenda AC5 Ac1200, Tenda Dual band AC1900 as well as any other Tenda Router that you can’t log in to or your IP address has been forgotten or not working due to any reason.
- Login Huawei FTTH ONT/ONU
- How to Reset PLDT Router and Modem?
- Fix Belkin Router Orange Light Flashing Or Solid
- Best DD-Wrt Router Under $50 in 2022