192.168.1.251 Admin Login Router
Every Wireless router, cable modem, or DSL, as well as fiber Modem router, is required to log in for first-time configuration and update settings timely to keep the network secure and protected. 192.168.1.251 is a default gateway IP address used to login the router in default settings mode for first-time setup. 192 168 1 251 IP address comes from network 192.168.1.0 and the broadcast ID is 192.168.1.255. Although IP address 192.168.1.1 is a popular default login IP address used by many leading brands for WIFI routers, Cable modems as well as FTTH fiber modems. Login 192.168.1.l.251 from the web browser is similar to accessing a router using a 192.168.1.1 IP address. The device and required network configuration are the same either accessing the router using 192.168.1.251 or 192.168.1.1.
Default Login IP 192.168.1 .251 IP address preconfigured with login username and password for factory mode settings. Default router login credentials are usually available on the router sticker as well as the quick user manual included with the device the first time. Although 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.10.1 IP addresses most used default username and password in default mode is “admin” and is used by different popular brands such as Xfinity, Netgear, Cisco, Spectrum as well as more.
To access a router with IP 192.168.1.251 required a wireless or wired connection from a mobile, laptop, or desktop that depends on your router interface. If you have a router or modem with WLAN enabled then use wired or wireless any but a cable modem without WIFI needs to connect only using LAN cable from PC/Laptop using Ethernet ports. Find the router IP address, with username and password settings printed on the sticker, or try the given below username password combinations.
Default Username and Password List
The default username and password “admin’ is widely used by many brands as well as some other default usernames and passwords that are used by a vast quantity. Although we have given below all popular login credential combination that works with most of the brands and you can use the same.
Default Login IP Address- 192.168. 1.251
|root||No password (blank)|
Router details with the model number, Brands name, Username, password, IP address, and other software and hardware information are printed on the router sticker. If you are trying to access the router web interface in default mode then you can use default settings as printed to the sticker but if you already updated default settings then use same updated login password to access your modem or router.
Login 192.168.1.251 with Default Username and password
Login router first time need the default IP address and credential that are usually available on the router sticker so unbox your router and follow the steps to connect using wired or wireless to open router settings with IP address 192.168.1.251.
- For a first-time connection unbox the router and use the DC adapter to power the ON Router first.
- Connect Internet cable to WAN port if first-time connection.
- For a Wireless connection use the default SSID and WIFI key printed to the router sticker.
- Use LAN cable from router LAN port to PC/Laptop LAN port.
- Open a web browser and access http://192.168.1.251 to the URL bar and wait to load the router page.
- Use the default username and password as printed to the router sticker or try the above username password combination if you lost the router login password.
- After successful login to router settings, you will get access to all setting such as the Internet, LAN, Security, Management, Maintenance, and others that are used to manage your network.
Once you got router access now you have set up WAN settings as per your internet connection type from Static IP, PPPoE, DHCP. Contact your internet service providers to get internet WAN settings details.
If your internet settings are already configured and you just looking to update your Wireless SSID and password then follow the below steps to change your wireless name and password.
Change Wireless SSID Network name and password
Router configured with common default WIFI name for both band if you have dual-band router and default name and wireless security key printed to sticker so it’s highly recommended to update it before connecting to the network.
The wireless settings option might change the location in every brand’s router but it comes under Wireless or WIFI settings. Find Wireless or WIFI settings directly or under Network options that depend on the router model and brands.
Go to Wireless Setting Or WiFi Settings
Wireless Basic Settings.
Wireless Radio- Enabled.
Wireless SSID- Change the WIFI network name here for your WIFI as per your choice.
Wireless SSID broadcast- Enable
Wireless Channel- Auto
Wireless security Key- WPA/WPA2-PSK-AES
Wireless passphrase- WIFI security-Key here (set a new WIFI password for your wifi network as per your choice.)
Save and Apply Settings and you might be disconnected from the router if using a wireless connection to access settings. Connect again and also update the default admin login password from the System or management tab.
IP address 192.168.1.251 Not Working
If you are unable to access the router web interface with default IP 192.168.l.251 or getting an invalid IP address or due to any network glitch or misconfiguration can not open the router web interface subject to troubleshoot problem to fix it.
- Make sure you are using a power adapter as comes with the router only. Avoid using the different power adapters that can damage your router permanently.
- Check if the Router turn on and the Power LED is glowing.
- If using a WiFI connection make sure you are connected to the same router WIFI network that you want to access.
- For wired connection, the LAN cable should working condition and connect LAN port only instead of connecting WAN port.
- Make sure the Router’s default IP address is 192.168.1.251 Not changed with the different IP address or different series.
- While trying to access the router IP address make sure you are using 192.168.1.251 or http://192.1681.251 instead of making typing mistakes or a wrong IP addresses such as 192.168.l.251, HTTP 192.168.1.251, 192 168 1 251, 192.168.1.251, https:/192.168.1.251, 192.168.1.251:8080 and any other wrong IP address that will be redirected to the error page.
- If you are able to access the router login page but forget the login password after changing the admin password then the only way is the factory reset your router using the reset button.
- Press the reset button for 10 seconds and release it when power and other LED lights suddenly turn Off and Turn on again. This process takes a few minutes to restore configuration into factory mode. Ping 192.168.1.251 to confirm the router successfully reset and factory resetting’s restored.
- Use the above steps from starting to access and setup the router again and set up Internet, Wireless, and other configurations.
- Fix Belkin Router Orange Light Flashing Or Solid
- How to Block website and Apps in Fiber ONT/ONU
- 192.168.99.254 Login Default Admin Password
- 192.168.1.106 Admin Login Username Password