How to Factory Reset DBC fiber ONT/ONU if forget password
Are you experiencing problems with your internet? Before you buy another modem, try resetting the modem. This will allow you to start fresh, without any issues. Probably every fiber modem needs to configure and update its wireless name and password to keep it protected. If you are using a DBC fiber ONT modem router with your internet device usually installed by your internet providers. Facing any issue with DBC FTTH ONT device or forgetting the login password of ONU or ONT device need to make it factory reset to restore into default mode.
Making factory reset DBC ont Modem will help you to fix a lot of bugs and internet issue or wifi connectivity issue that comes due to modem running outdated firmware or running for a long time. in an earlier article we have published how to reset Syrotech FTTH ONT modem and if you using DBC or any other fiber ONU device then follow this guide to factory reset ONT. There are two to reset DBC FTTH ONT modem either using the reset button or using login method that needs to access ONT settings.
If you forget DBC onu login password and can not log in settings to change your wireless name and password then only the hard reset method will help you to fix the issue. If you facing any issue with connectivity or network and can access modem settings using a username password then you can reset DBC ONU from software and you can save the configuration before making it reset.
Factory default DBC FTTH ONT modem using the Web interface
To reset DBC ONU from settings you need to connect either wired or wireless depending on the ONT modem model number and supported interface. You can find the default login IP address, username, and password printed on DBC modem sticker. Get DBC default settings details and follow the steps to factory reset.
Note: Before making a factory reset download the configuration file so you can restore it after the factory reset.
List of Default Login IP Address, Username and password
- Connect DBC fiber modem to LAN port from a computer /laptop if WIFI is not supported.
- For DBC WiFI FTTH modem use Wifi SSID and password to connect using wireless.
- Open web browser and access 192.168.1.1 to the URL bar.
- Use DBC default username/password “admin/1234” or user/user as printed to your DBC onu.
- Once you log in to ONT modem settings go to the Management tab from the top menu.
- Management –
- Device Management > Restore default > Restore Factory default
- Press – Restore factory Default button and confirm OK button to accept resetting device to default mode.
The modem will restart after restoring to default settings. After resetting the modem, log in again with default settings and retore the configuration backup downloaded earlier to set up the modem.
Making ONT router reset using a reset switch is a quick and simple method to restore the configuration to default mode. Hard reset does not require to login FTTH modem so it’s the best way to access ONT if you forget your login password.
How to Reset DBC FTTH Fiber ONU Router?
Forget DBC ONT login password or DBC fiber ONU not working properly can fix both issues using hard reset methods. Hard reset methods restore the configuration to factory mode and you have to setup it up again just like a new ONT modem setup the first time. Follow simple steps to resetting DBC ONT.
- Connect ONU to the power adapter and wait a few seconds until it’s boot-up.
- Locate a small reset button near the Ethernet port or beside.
- Use a needle or sharp stick to press the reset button from the reset hole.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and release when the ONT device auto turns Off and turns on again.
- ONU device will restart and take a few seconds to restore into default mode.
- After resettings, you are able to access the modem using the default IP address, username, and password as printed to the device sticker.
After resetting ONT modem, use default settings to access the web interface or contact your service prover to send a configuration from the OLT device so your internet connection and start again. If you want to configure it manually log in and get internet settings from ISP and set up it up from the web interface.
- Fix Belkin Router Orange Light Flashing Or Solid
- Factory Reset NetLink FTTH ONT/ONU
- Login FibrSol ONT ONU Modem Router
- Vodafone Router Login Guide